08 December 2011
This may be too little too late, but here are ten reasons why the Utah Jazz should keep Earl Watson. These are in no particular order.
1.The Earlyoop! Often imitated, but never duplicated.
2. Loyalty- It is hard to say that loyalty exists when you are making millions of dollars a year, but over the past week we have seen the true nature and character of Earl Watson. Even as his name is getting thrown around by other teams. He has stated that he will wait for the Utah Jazz to make an offer or decide what to do.
3. Stays within his Job Description- The thing that I think a lot of us love about Earl, is that he plays within himself and his abilities. He knows when he is over matched and uses technique or smarts to adjust. When he was out sized he did the same thing. He does exactly what he is asked to do, which is... If we have the lead, don't give it up, and if we are down, get it close.
4. Pass First Mentality- There are a handful of true point guards left in the league. By handful I mean probably 15 considering backups... Earl is always looking to improve the team by passing the ball.
5. He runs our offense- I am not going to say that I have the Flex offense memorized, but I know when it is being run well and I know when it is not. Earl Watson runs our offense effective.
6. He wants to be here- There is nothing more gratifying that winning, but a close second is having players become part of "Our Team" and our community. I like that Earl wants to be here, and it shows in his attitude, play and interviews.
7. Toughness- Self-Explanatory
8. Humble- We like guys that are like us. He know where he came from... He knows that he has been blessed with some great things in life and shows his humilty.
9. He is a Fan Favorite- see #BringEarlBack or #BringBackEarl
10. He is a hell of a lot better than Jamaal Tinsely See here.
|< Prev||Next >|