15 February 2008
5. Jerry Stackhouse - Aside from being overrated, this guy always causes trouble when his teams play the Jazz. The cheap foul on Jarron Collins a few years ago comes to mind. In fact, I remember we lost that game even after the flagrant foul and his ejection. I specifically remember wanting to punch something after that game was over.
4. Ron Artest - I don't think this needs much explanation. The guy is just bad news. It's too bad too, because he has some skills and plays with an intensity that seems to go beyond playing for a bigger contract. I don't hate the guy (like I do the others on this list), but he just implodes every team he is on...and I don't want the Jazz to implode.
3. Ricky Davis - This idiot tried to get a triple-double by getting his last rebound by throwing the ball at his own basket in the closing seconds of a Jazz game a few years ago. Ever since that day, I have always remembered his name. The fact that NBA players keep their own assists in their head during a game is a little egocentric and has nothing to do with a TEAM game (and I know full well that there are Jazz players who do this...I love the team even though I don't agree with everything that they do). The fact is, he's a punk and deserves to play for the worst team in the league right now. It gives him a chance to pad his stats.
2. Manu Flopobili - I could write pages on this guy. People always tell me that if the Jazz had him, I would love him. Yeah, that's just not true. I can't stand the AI flop where every time a fan opens one of the doors during a game, the draft from outside causes him to fall to the ground resulting in a Jazz foul. The Western Conference Finals last year was quite possibly the most frustrating basketball I have ever watched (specifically Game 5).
1. Kobe Bryant - Say what you will, but I can say without a doubt that if the Jazz were to trade for or sign this guy, I would become a full time Golden State Warriors fan. I don't care what anyone says, this guy is the epitome of narcisism. There is just no arguing that. I can't stand watching him flail his arms to try and draw a bogus foul. What drives me more insane is when he drops 54 on us and doesn't play the fourth quarter.
So, there you have it. I actually feel better having written this. It was semi-cathartic.
The list, I'm sure, will change with time...but the hate will always remain the same. That is what happens when I fork out $52.50 to sit and watch millionaires play a kids game.
|< Prev||Next >|